Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blog Blaghs


The view of my hometown from our cattle ranch, complete with our calvy cows and green hills in the foreground. On Saturday I'll be leaving this-- the rural-burb--for the big city....School year, here I come...


I still can't get this blog fixed the way I want it, blargh... And I still feel awkward in my writing--fumbling, unworthy--and I wonder if this is where I'm supposed to be, the "blogosphere". I need to find some disability blogs, get my blog feed set-up, upload some photography, go to some slams, freewrite on the nature nurturing and my weird-ass dreams...

In the world of RA: I began Humira this week--a bi-weekly anti-protein injection. The protein attatches to cells involved inflammation, so ideally all those levels should go down in the next three months. Holy jesus, injecting yourself with this shit hurts. Hurts so bad I took 5 seconds to inject 40 milligrams. Four hours later I have terrible pain in my right hip (hips are unaffected by the arthritis), and my right leg starts to go numb. It turns out you're supposed to take two whole minutes to do the injection. Say what?! My mind is blown. So that's going to become a bi-weekly wednesday ritual: take the Humira out of the fridge, soothing music, lavender tea....

Recap: That's plaquenil (antimalarial), methotrexate (chemotherapy), and Humira (TNF Inhibitor), plus Aruveydic digestive formula (to get rid of am) and nasya (anti-anxiety/Vata balancer). I quit taking the birth control because I don't need it (and hopefully won't in the next year or so) and DUH. I'm anemic. Getting my period four times a year was probably a good thing.

Coming soon.... An awkward racism/classism encounter at a Japanese restaurant, and an excerpt from the piece I plan to submit to Belevue...

(Okay, I still feel awkward. AWKWARD. Maybe it's the glasses. Maybe it's because two people read this. Maybe my brain has forgotten who to write. BLAGH. *headwallheadwallheadwall*)

No comments: