Thursday, July 3, 2008

'Fess Up...Thursday?

(Brought to you by Yogamum and Literate Kitten)

Basically a post confessing the things you did (or didn't do) to reach your writing goals this week.

As it were, I haven't set any writing goals for myself (beyond homework) for more than a year now. But the main three categories are:

Getting Published: The wheels have started turning on getting that piece into Bellevue... Must print out specs, edit the piece one last time, print out copies of piece, write cover letter, write check... It sounds like a lot to do, but I'm sure it isn't. Also: Submit to Reed this year? I'm pretty sure my brain would explode if I got in, because to part of my still-high-school brain Reed is still Big College Publication That Only Awesome People Get Into, for some reason.

Writing: Scared-Angry Rants to read to a good friend in which I try to figure my own smashed-up-messed-up inner workings. Real poetry? Nil.

Reading: Finished "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruese and "John" by Cynthia Lennon. Am still picking through "Yoga for Depression", "8 Human Talents" by Gurmukh and "Healing Wise" by Susun Weed. Am checking out "Home Herbal Remedies", "Perfect Health" by Chopra and "Your Body Speaks Your Mind" by Deb Shapiro today and will begin picking them apart as well.

Having a job, commute, friends, yoga practice, and house/garden to keep up (mostly by myself) really eats into writing time! It's like, having a life, or something! Oh, and:

Blog: The blog is in limbo, again. I love reading blogs--connecting with a subject through someone who loves it, or just connecting and emphasizing with someone. I love real-people writing. But what do I have to contribute, what truth to I have to speak, how do I write in articley format and not word-vomit blaghness?

I'm sure I know, somewhere, but it hasn't reached my consciousness yet, that's for sure.

No comments: